Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Summer - It's Flying By!

We have been having lots of fun this summer.  It's hard to believe that it's more than half over and there are only 3 weeks left! Boo!!! We have been keeping busy doing lots of fun stuff...

Seaside Beach
Beach days are different than they used to be.  No more relaxing and reading a book or surfing solo with these boys in tow!

Naptime
With all that we've been doing napping happens as much as possible.  It's a little difficult with Kai not wanting to nap, and Tate taking 2 naps, but I work hard to get them down...and the many activities help with that!

Family Photos Ops
After dinner at Las Olas in Cardiff, we headed across the street to run around in the sand before heading home.  It's not so easy to get a family photo, or to have all faces looking at the camera!  We did our best.

Lawn Mowing with Grandpa
Kai LOVED his time mowing the lawn with Grandpa.  It was really cute seeing how my dad tried to teach him and really let Kai do the mowing!

OC Fair
It was wristband day at the OC fair when we went.  Nana bought Kai the all you can ride wristband and he LOVED riding as many rides as he could.  He also reveled in the fact that he is a "big boy" and got to ride all by himself.  He felt very proud!

Tate got to ride one little train ride when the "Carnie" was nice enough to let us on without a ticket or wristband :) We spent the rest of the day under an umbrella (old grandma style) trying to keep shaded and cool!

Seaside Crawler
Our most recent trip to the beach was a little more eventful.  Now that Tate is in full crawling mode he crawled right off the towel straight out to the ocean, like a baby sea turtle! And I thought I'd have one summer with him peacefully contained on a beach towel...what was I thinking?? He's a Lewis boy :)


I am now falling into the "Judy Hokanson - End of Summer Countdown".  I remember as each summer would come to a close when I was a kid my mom would start thinking and agonizing about the start of the school year and would always talk about how summer fleeeewwww by...and now I do the same.  What would you expect...I am her daughter :)





No comments:

Post a Comment